Well, I don’t know if these qualify as ‘little-known’, but I have a few little bits of info I am happy to share.
- I have double-jointed thumbs. These aren’t any sort of meaningful advantage. In fact, my left thumb doesn’t rotate like it used to. I think I knocked it at some point, and if I try to turn it like my right thumb, it hurts.
- I despise mushrooms. There, I said it. To me, mushrooms have absolutely no redeeming qualities. They look bad, smell worse, feel weird, and taste terrible. If I am in the kitchen when the wife starts cooking them, I leave the room. Their scent makes me want to gag.
- I have a reasonable tolerance for the cold. Even in January, I’d sleep in my underwear and a t-shirt (sometimes just my underwear and a vest, apologies for that disturbing image). I am more likely to overheat in warmer conditions though.
- Twenty years ago, I preferred tea over coffee. Now, apart from in the evenings, I drink a lot more coffee than tea. I can’t really say as to why, I’ve just changed over time. That said, tea is still better for dunking biscuits.
- I’ve been fortunate enough to visit the USA three times, yet despite being in the home of McDonald’s, I have never visited the Golden Arches whilst over there. I have had KFC out there, and you know, it was not as good as it was hyped up to be.
- I’ve been to or through every station on the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway Line. I can technically make the same argument for the main branch of the East Coast Main Line.
- As a kid, I would not touch Chinese or Indian food, and I short-changed myself out of what is actually some amazing cuisine. Nowadays (having once been very hesitant to do so) I will happily enjoy a vindaloo!
I am sure there are other minor facts about me I could share, but I can’t think of any at the moment. Hopefully these seven little gems are enough!