Confession – I blatantly stolen this idea from The Captain’s Speech. Alternatively, this post is a loving tribute to his idea. Either way, I’d urge you to check out his quiz and either leave your answers in the comments of his post, or as he suggests, put together a similar post on your own blog. His post also contains the rules for this little exercise. On to the first ten questions…
1. What animated character would I trust with my personal belongings? Hmm, you’re all expecting me to say Timon aren’t you?
But… nope, I’m not saying Timon. I’m going to say Lexington from Gargoyles.
You may be thinking ‘why him’? You might even be wondering who he is, but Lexington is the ‘techie’ gargoyle from the show, and also the one who, having ‘stolen’ a teddy bear (he can’t shop, on account of being well, a gargoyle, and turning to stone during the day) leaves the money behind for it. That’s a pretty trustworthy gesture to me.
2. What is the chorus of my favourite song? ‘Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase, Hakuna Matata, ain’t no passin’ craze…’ Oh come on. You all knew that was coming.
3. Complete the sentence. I wish I could… Fly? Ok no, too obvious. I wish I could be a lot smarter and stronger.
4. Three things I won’t do. I tell myself that I won’t ever kill, but if I had to, in defence of my family or myself, then I would. Away from the serious answer, I won’t ever fly a plane, I won’t eat cat food and I won’t willingly eat sweetcorn.
5. What’s the worst thing about pockets? That most clothing manufacturers think women don’t need them.
6. Should I be concerned about your most recent Google search? Well, mine for was info on an old video game called SimEarth. Nothing juicy there.
7. If there was an eighth day of the week, what would it be called, and where would you place it amongst the other seven? I swear Paul is tormenting me with his questions. Umm… Starday, and it would be between Saturday and Sunday.
8. When you look in the mirror, what do you see behind you? The room I’m in. Not very profound me!
9. You can have dinner with any three people in the world, but you must dine at a fast-food restaurant. Who are you bringing and what does each person (including yourself) order off the menu? I’m choosing KFC, and inviting Sir Lewis Hamilton, Sir Patrick Stewart and Peter Capaldi. We all have Zinger Tower Burgers, apart from Sir Lewis, who has the vegan option.
10. Think of a word (in English) and create a new, alternate spelling for it. What is the new word you have created? Soket – a shorter alternative spelling of socket. That’s all I can come up with on short notice.
So there you have it. Please check out Paul’s blog (see the link at the top of this post), and if you fancy it, have a go at the quiz!